Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Kittens, New Lens, New Schedule!

037a

ISO 1600, F2.8, SS1/125, 75mm

My life has been more than hectic this summer.  It just hasn’t seem to slow down much but I can’t complain!  My house is in order, doctors appointments for both of us are all caught up on, my photo business has flourished with a new website, new clients and fancy blog.. and I am pretty ready to start my second year in grad school.  My internship starts in two weeks!  I don’t know how much I can publicly say about the agency-  but I will be doing in-home therapy for families/teens with mental health crisis’.   I am both excited and a little terrified-  I have never held a professional level job like this before!  My prior work experience is hands on work with individuals in group homes-  but it’s always been the grunt work.  This is why I am going to graduate school though-  to move beyond that and hopefully to greener pastures.

With that in mind, my business will be taking a back seat.  I will be taking a very limited number of clients through October (perhaps one or two more for October, September is booked), and from November forward I will be putting families on hold and only accepting newborn requests.  I’m sure to hold a newborn special at that point, so if you are due then, please inquire now so I can ensure your spot!

44a

ISO 1600, F2.8, SS1/125, 75mm

Yes those are ADORABLE KITTENS!   These shots were taken with my new lens, that I’m SO excited to have!  I have thus far shot, and built my entire business upon, my little 50mm 1.8 lens.  For those not so knowledgeable about photography stuff, the “nifty fifty” is a prime lens (it cannot zoom) that is your very basic beginners lens.  It’s nothing fancy, costs less than $100.00 and is very light weight!  I finally invested in me (go me!)  and purchased both my new website (now at www.kellylindseyphotography.com)  and my new lens (a tamron 28-75mm 2.8!).  Of course, the day it was mailed to me, I had this crazy back spasm that had me flat on my back for 3 days straight.  The only thing I could do besides cry in my cereal was take pictures of these little kittens that would climb up my bed to visit me!  Luckily, I had family to take Caleb for 2 straight days while I just laid there (watching TV for 2 straight days is really not as fun as it sounds!).  But the kittens totally made me smile and I enjoyed their company.

045a

ISO800, F2.8, SS 1/125, 75mm

Lastly, I said my next blog post would be about my Maine vacation.  And it really needs to be :)  If only I were further along in processing those 400 photo’s!  I have a few to share, though, and it was an absolute blast.  Caleb, last year and this year:

2 slot, 1 vertical and 1 horizontal 10x20

Wrestling  (I totally waded in up to my neck with my camera! :O  Remember how I said the 50mm doesn’t zoom… ? )

9a

 40a

Caleb tubing with Becca (why does this picture make me cry every time I see it??  I don’t know if it’s just the happiness from him or how big he is getting or how his face lights up every time he talks about Becca… but this picture totally does it for me!)

75a

the older kids tubing

2010 klindsey photo 128a

130a

165a

OK I thought I was done, but at the end of my card, I had taken pictures of something that I have to share with everyone.  I have a group of aspiring photographers that I mentor- they are really the best group of women.  I could not have hand picked better people to just be around.  I got the sweetest package in the mail from them-  two newborn hats, lovingly knit by the fantastic Janete Mannis of J. Mannis Creations.  

059a

060a

I want to thank every single one of them, for thinking of me, and supporting me.  And I just love you guys!  <3  Someone please book a newborn with me so that I can use these fantastic hats!!

1 comment:

Nettie said...

you are the BEST, kelly!! we love you to pieces!!