Monday, June 14, 2010

Top Five Reasons Every Photographer Needs a Partner

 

Shooting a newborn is harder than it looks.  Or maybe it looks hard, I don’t know.  I’m not God.  But I came up with five reasons that every newborn photographer needs a partner.

1- Newborns are squirmy.  It takes one person to rub their back, shush them, and give them a bottle, while your partner works at running the white noise machine, cleaning up the pee, and blocking the sunlight.

2010 kelly lindsey photo 114a

2- Partners work cohesively to come up with fresh ideas and pick up where the other drops off.

2010 kelly lindsey photo 075c

3-  Teams like Carrie Sandoval/Brittany Woodall and Tracy Raver/Kelly Ryden set the bar.  Their unique take on newborns inspire others to shoot better, work harder, and be more creative.

2010 kelly lindsey photo 003a

4- Because catching the quiet moment between mom and her new baby wouldn’t have happened if your partner didn’t say “Can you reach down and give her a kiss?”2010 kelly lindsey photo 039a

 

5-  Because catching the smile is teamwork.

2010 kelly lindsey photo 054b

 

Thank you to Jennalle Dunn for collaborating with me.  We are now offering sessions at both her home studio in Peabody and my home studio in Georgetown at a significantly reduced price.  A new page will be up shortly regarding this amazing offer.  Thank you again, Jennalle, and thank you to baby Zoe and her beautiful mom!

This post also happens to fall in the Iheartfaces challenge theme this week, of all things baby! 

I_Heart_Faces_Photography_125

Here is the picture I wish to enter for the contest:

2010 kelly lindsey photo 075c

8 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

How sweet!!!

beingzaraandzidan said...

amazing shots!
soo soo cute!!
I have joined in too
Plz do visit

Corinne said...

They're all great, but I love the one you picked. The catchlights in the eyes, the tongue, that HAIR! Fantastic :)

Amanda Eaton said...

these are adorable!

Alyssa Gaskill said...

I love the colors! I like the wrap as well, is it just a blanket?

Kelly Lindsey said...

It's actually just stretchy fabric (I think cotton knit!), sold by the yard at any fabric store. Thank you for all your lovely comments, I tried to hit back each of your blogs.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! I love getting tips about photographing newborns. The world needs more generous photogs like you ;)

~ k said...

Thank you, Kelly! That's so sweet to say :)